Monday, August 15, 2011

WarGames Con Narrative Tract Review: PART 1

WarGames Con was loads of fun this year and I played (officially) for first time in the Narrative Tract; opposed to the GT. The NT is unique to WarGames Con, and labels its self as an "Anti-Tournament". This was a non-competitive event for players who did not want to throw down in the ultra-competitive GT that included over 150 people. Opposed to the GT, which consited of 7 two hour games, the NT was a two day event that included THREE 180 minute Apocalypse games and a single SIX HOUR Apocalypse game! blah :)
 
This was the third year of WarGames/BoLS Con. The first two years I played in the GT tournament with over 100 players each time. Both years I took IG, and although in 2009 I managed to pull out 2nd Best General, a couple bad games both years left a sour taste in my mouth. This year I vowed to BigRed that I would put my money where my mouth was and I played in the Narrative.

Durring the next couple of posts I will detail what I liked and didn't like about the Narrative Tract. I will talk about what I took to the fight and how our games played out. I will also make suggestions about what could be done to make the NT better for future WarGames Cons, because the NT is an absolutely excellent alternative to the main GT! The last three years in Austin it has been obvious that the guys playing with Titans, Flighers and Superheavies on historical battlefields were having WAY more fun than the guys stressing over seven competitive games! 

...and I hope after these articles you will see why.
~if you have any questions about the Narrative Tract leave a comment and I'll include it in the next article, ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. Did you use a heavy?

    Judging this year was a nice and fun break.

    ReplyDelete